The Kids!

The Kids!
They just love to travel!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Baby Jack is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*** Warning Long Blog Ahead*****

So here is the birth story of Baby Jack Steven Polesovsky. My Dr. wanted to induce me on 5/24 due to the Gestational Diabetes. However, at my appt. on 5/17/2011, my cervix was not favorable for induction. It was not thinned, still posterior, not effaced at all. I was 2 cm dilated. My Dr. decided that on Sat. the 21st, I should go the hospital and get some prostaglandin gel placed in my cervix to help soften it up and prepare it for the induction on Tuesday. She wanted me to get a second dose of the gel on Sunday the 22nd and then go back and see her on Monday to make sure the cervix was favorable before doing the induction on Tuesday.

So, on Saturday, Eric and I dropped Abby off at the in-laws and head to the hospital about 6 pm to get our first dose of the gel. I had to stay at the hospital until about 9 while they monitored me, etc. The nurse on duty checked my cervix and there was still no change since I had seen the Dr. 5 days before. As we left, the nurse commented that she would see us tomorrow night for the second dose of gel since it that one would probably not be enough.

Eric and I picked up Abby, got home, put her to bed and decided to go to bed ourselves because we were tired. We both fell asleep really quickly. About 3:30 AM. I woke from my sound sleep and thought I had peed my self just a little, so I jumped up to go the bathroom. As I stood up, a gush of fluid came out of me. I yelled, and it woke Eric up. I told him I was pretty sure my water just broke and I ran downstairs to the bathroom. The entire time I was walking to the bathroom I was gushing fluid. I grabbed a towel and stood there and held the towel under me until I thought I was done gushing. I went and told Eric we needed to call his parents to watch Abby and start getting ready to head to the hospital. An hour later we were at the hospital and I was 3-4 cam dilated and 60% effaced already. The nurse who had seen me earlier was surprised to see me back. They put me in a room and we called my mom. I labored for a while with no medication or anything just to get as far as possible before getting the epidural. However, once I kind of stalled at around 4 c. The dr. decided that they needed to give me a little pitocin to keep me going strong. At that point, I got the epidural because I hear once you get pitocin contractions are harder. The epidural only worked on one side of my body. As we waited for dr. to come back and fix my epidural, I continued to contract and dilated to about 6-7 while waiting. The Dr. came back and fixed the epidural and I dilated to 10 pretty quickly and it was time to push. I pushed for only 20 minutes and my little man, Jack was born. He is absolutely perfect. SO happy to have him home and for him to be safe and sound. He had no problems even though I was GD. I was soooo thankful for that!! He weighed 8 lbs 1.5 oz and was 21.5 inches long. He is almost the exact same size as Abby was. I have to say this labor and birth were much easier than Abby's. So here are some pictures that we took of Jack's first few days of life. Sorry this blog entry is soooo long.



















2 comments:

Kelly said...

Yay Jona and Eric! Congrats to the Polo family on the new addition. Thanks for sharing your story about little Jack. He is so adorable and I can't wait to see more of him :)

Oma said...

The pictures are sooo beautiful. I hadn't seen any of these. Thank you, Birdie, for letting me be part of this amazing experience. I love you guys. Welcome, my sweet grandson. Your Oma loves you.