On Thanksgiving day, we all went to my parents house and the whole family was there. Abby got to spend quality time with her 2 first cousins (Isabelle and Grace). She had so much fun with them. She ate mashed potatoes and she loved them. She played and played with her cousins, and she was worn out by the time we got in the car to drive back home. Abby loved seeing the family and got held and spoiled all day. I actually think she was ready to go home and relax all day on Friday with just mommy and daddy. Here are some really cute pics of Abby and her cousins. I almost forgot to tell the biggest thing that happened on Thanksgiving day. Abby got her first blood drawing boo boo of her 8 month life. She was sitting on the changing table and I was brushing her hair. She is at the stage where she gives no notice, she just lunges for things she wants. So I was brushing her hair and she decided that she wanted her show that was sitting on the edge of the changing table so she lunged for it. I was taken off guard and could not catch her in time and she hit her left eye on the edge of the table. It started to bleed and she started to cry. I felt so bad, I thought for sure it was going to swell up and turn all black and blue, but really there was just a little scratch. ( I have included a close up of the eye just a few hours after the incident ocurred and you can see there is really just a scratch there.) However, Eric harassed me endlessly for a couple of days. She is none the worse for wear though, so all is well. Kids rebound so quickly- good thing for us parents.
The Kids!
They just love to travel!
Monday, December 01, 2008
Babies first holiday (continued)
On Thanksgiving day, we all went to my parents house and the whole family was there. Abby got to spend quality time with her 2 first cousins (Isabelle and Grace). She had so much fun with them. She ate mashed potatoes and she loved them. She played and played with her cousins, and she was worn out by the time we got in the car to drive back home. Abby loved seeing the family and got held and spoiled all day. I actually think she was ready to go home and relax all day on Friday with just mommy and daddy. Here are some really cute pics of Abby and her cousins. I almost forgot to tell the biggest thing that happened on Thanksgiving day. Abby got her first blood drawing boo boo of her 8 month life. She was sitting on the changing table and I was brushing her hair. She is at the stage where she gives no notice, she just lunges for things she wants. So I was brushing her hair and she decided that she wanted her show that was sitting on the edge of the changing table so she lunged for it. I was taken off guard and could not catch her in time and she hit her left eye on the edge of the table. It started to bleed and she started to cry. I felt so bad, I thought for sure it was going to swell up and turn all black and blue, but really there was just a little scratch. ( I have included a close up of the eye just a few hours after the incident ocurred and you can see there is really just a scratch there.) However, Eric harassed me endlessly for a couple of days. She is none the worse for wear though, so all is well. Kids rebound so quickly- good thing for us parents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for posting that wonderful complimentary post pregnancy pictures of me...I really appreciate it. :)
Maybe when Eric mocks you for the boo boo you can remind him of the time he left Abby in the crib crying so hard she threw up, eh? ;) And if I mock you, you can just remind me of YESTERDAY when I was so stressed out and tired with the 2 girls at home I yelled and yelled at my definent little Isabelle...ya, I should get parent of the year...*sigh*
Post a Comment