The Kids!

The Kids!
They just love to travel!

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Romantic Getaway!





As part of a Christmas present to Eric and I, my parents got a 2 night stay at a hotel. So Eric and I went to Traverse City and stayed for 3 days and 2 nights as a romantic getaway. As anyone with kids knows, that as much as you love you kids and want to spend all your time with them, occasionally you need to get away with your spouse in order to spend some quality time together reconnecting and enjoying each other. Eric and I had to best time while we were away. The hotel we stayed in was so nice, and since it was off season, the price was really good. We got a room with a king size bed and a 2 person jacuzzi. The hotel had a full complimentary breakfast bar in the morning and a soup bar in the evening. All included in our room price. It was great. While we were in Traverse City, the first evening we went to dinner at Outback (which was free because my grandma gave us a Gift Certificate for Christmas) and then we went to a casino there in town. I am the cheapest person ever and would not spend anymore than $20 of my hard earned money there, but Eric spent $30 of his and for $50 we got 3 hours of casino fun. Needless to say, we lost all $50 but we did have a good time losing it. What can you expect for a whole evening worth of entertainment. The casino was the highlight of Eric's time away. The next day we went Snow tubing on a mountain there in Traverse City. If you have never been snow tubing, it is so much fun. This was the highlight of my time away. You ride your tube to the top of the hill on a ski lift kind of thing and then you jump on the tube and ride it down a big hill going so fast. It is a blast. We have pictures and a video of Eric and I tubing that I will attach. The video is of Eric actually holding the camera while he goes down the hill. On the third (and last day) we drove up one of the peninsulas in Michigan. We went to a winery and Eric bought a couple of bottles of wine. (He picked because I tried some wines, but I am just not a wine person, so it all tasted similar to me and not very good. But I really tried to like it.) Anyway, we had the best time and we would recommend tubing to anyone if they want a fun winter activity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the video - especially hearing Eric's shrieks!!! :-) Sounds fun - where can I send you for your anniversery (so I can watch Abby again!!!!)?
Christmas was great - thanks for everything - especially our grand daugther!!! She is a delight!!! Love, Oma

Anonymous said...

To show you how much I am NOT a winter person: your mom was telling me that you guys were going 'tubing'...and I thought to myself ,"Hmmm...I thought Jona told me they were going to Michigan...it is WAY to cold to go tubing there...the water would be FREEZING!"
It is just not in me to think about being outside ON PURPOSE when it is cold and snowy! So...be sure you guys go tubing on Lake Erie this summer or something! LOL

Unknown said...

Jona is that a lighthouse on top of the building? It sounds like you two had a great time.